June is almost here and in Arizona that means it’s almost time for our annual State Bar Convention. This year it’ll be June 26 -28 at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa.
So, before it’s too late to sign up online (signing up on-site at the convention costs more), let’s consider the top 10 reasons you should attend:
10. It’s cool inside! The Sheraton’s conference center is inside, air-conditioned, has convenient parking right outside the doors, and is all on one level. It’s easy to navigate, comfortable and conveniently attached to the hotel.
9. The Exhibit Hall and Free Prizes. Take the opportunity to talk to vendors of services useful/helpful/essential for lawyers and law practices. There’s usually swag; and play exhibit hall bingo to enter prize drawings. There’ll also be a drawing entry in your convention bag, so be sure to fill it out and drop it off at the back of the exhibit hall.
8. Entertainment! There’ll be entertainment during lunch and the parties on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Take time to buy a ticket for Friday’s lunch and be entertained by the Water Coolers – a comedy troupe who will leave you laughing.
7. Network in shorts! When else do you have the opportunity to be where there are over 1,000 other lawyers, from all over Arizona, engaged in a wide range of practice areas, and in a casual setting. Bring your business cards and best elevator speech and make new contacts.
6. A year of CLE in three days – and at a great price. Did you realize that the per-hour cost of CLE at the convention is less than you’ll pay during the rest of the year? What a great time to save you (or your firm) a little money and fulfill your MCLE requirements!
5. Support your Section! Most of the Bar’s 30 Sections spend a great deal of time and effort to create programs that focus on specific practice areas – and many cross over into other practice areas. What a great way to spend time with people who practice in the same area(s) you do, in a relaxed setting.
4. Hear from experienced, knowledgeable and engaged speakers. Convention sessions are presented by the best of the best; you’ll hear from leaders in their field/practice areas and some out-of-town talent.
3. Learn about a new practice area. Thinking about expanding your practice into a new area? or starting on something new. The convention is a great place to learn something new and have people to talk with about it.
2. Attend the inspiring plenary session to celebrate the centennial of the 19th Amendment. Did we mention that this session is free? But sign up quickly because space is limited.
1. It’s fun!! Really, it’s summer in AZ, it’s hot; it’s a great way to spend 3 days. Take advantage of the Sheraton’s great accommodations and make it a staycation. Book a spa treatment, network, see the friends you haven’t seen in a while, and get CLE!!
Click here to register today. Don’t forget those special event tickets!!